It is not enough that you alone live a happy and healthy life but as a responsible person, you need to ensure that your family and friends also live the same way. Only then, it is possible to maintain a healthy circle of close-knit people around you.
One of the major problems that people around us face is excessive or compulsive eating. We can notice this among our friends as well. How can you, then as a good friend, identify someone with an eating disorder?
Here are seven signs that indicate your friend may be suffering from such a disorder.
- The first and foremost visible sign that your friend might be suffering from an eating disorder is his/her weight. You can judge a person’s eating lifestyle simply by the way he/she weighs and looks.
- Moreover, they never refuse an offer to eat out and often make excuses for not eating a home-cooked You will also find your friends out at a restaurant almost every weekend, right through Friday night all the way up to Sunday nights.
- You can also find them constantly binging on something even when they are doing something as important as making a phone call, preparing a presentation, or studying/reading something important.
- Further, you will know that your friend has an eating disorder if he/she is constantly eating food, snacks, or junk while watching the television.
- Additionally, you will find cartons of snacks stocked up in your friends’ storeroom and even in their office drawers and cars.
- Another notable symptom that you will notice is that your friends tend to experience mood swings, often being very irritable, tired, or anxious. They are often characterized by low levels of energy most of the time.
- You will also find them trying to exercise very hard and being depended on diet pills and other medications.
If advice and basic therapies do not help your friend to overcome his/her eating disorder, then check him/her into rehab center such as the famous Ontario Drug Rehabs for a more professional help.