There is a reason why practices such as Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, etc. are all so popular even in this 21st century. It is not witchcraft or the placebo effect that is helping people who resort to natural ways to get better. Rather it is the natural ingredients and the person’s in-built immune system that is helping them fight diseases and common infections.
If you have a child at home, you would probably know that his/her pediatrician never recommends anything major for a common cold, the flu or a mild cough. Doctors only resort to antibiotics in the worst-case scenario. This is because children under the age of four if exposed to antibiotics, are more prone to brain damage. It also weakens their immune system. Even doctors feel that babies should build their immune system on their own.
Here are some simple ways by which you can build up a better immune system.
- Lemon juice mixed with warm water and a teaspoon of honey is loaded with antioxidants that can boost your immunity and prevent the occurrence of frequent colds and coughs.
- Always stock up on onions, ginger & garlic, and include them in your cuisine. These are known to be natural immunity builders.
- Certain spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc. are very beneficial to help you fight infections of the stomach and mouth.
- Include probiotic into your diet.
- Make it a habit to eat at least one fruit every day and include many veggies in your meals.
- Resorting to oils for stress relief and pain management are also natural ways to build immunity. For instance, CBD oil helps reduce pain and this is gaining much popularity recently.
Most importantly, adopt a healthy lifestyle. This includes sleeping on time, waking up on, time, eating right, drinking plenty of water, saying no alcohols, tobacco & drugs, and meditating or practicing some form of exercise on a daily basis.